Summer Items You Should Put in Storage
With summer coming to an end, many people will soon be filling their attics, garages, and basements with seasonal items they won’t need until next year. But rather than take up valuable storage space throughout your home, you should consider portable storage options instead.
Preparing for a Seasonal Shift by Putting Summer Items in Storage
What Items to Place in Storage
With the weather getting cooler, you can clear up space in your home, apartment, or condo by placing the following in storage:
- Outdoor furniture. Heavy winds and snowfall can easily damage your outdoor furniture if you leave it sitting outside all winter.
- Seasonal equipment. Outdoor equipment, like gardening tools, grills, lawnmowers, and bikes, all take up valuable storage space while they’re not being used in the winter.
- Pool toys. With your pool now closed, keep all of your toys and equipment safe in a storage unit. Once you’re ready to open it back up in the spring, all of your equipment will be waiting for you.
- Sports and recreational vehicles. You never want to leave ATVs, boats, and motorized scooters outside in freezing temperatures.
Preparing Your items for Storage
All of our containers are weather-proof and designed to protect everything they store. However, we suggest preparing your items to ensure they stay as safe as possible:
- Clean any tools and equipment you plan to store.
- Place fabric items in plastic bags.
- Wrap furniture in moving blankets to avoid dents or scratches.
Are you in need of a container to store your seasonal items? Our portable containers come in three different sizes: 12, 16, and 20 ft. Go Minis ® Franchising, LLC. is committed to minimizing your worries and maximizing your storage space. We can work with your needs and your schedule to ensure you have the best storage experience.
Give us a call at (866) 446-6187 to reserve your unit today, or get an instant quote online.