Military Moving Containers in San Antonio
Relocating your family for military orders can feel overwhelming. Changes are coming, and you want to ensure your family and possessions make it from “Point A” to “Point B” safely. At Go Mini's of San Antonio, TX, military service is near and dear to our hearts. We understand the challenges that come with Permanent Change of Station (PCS) moves.
As a service member, you will be involved in a PCS when your new duty station is 50 or more miles away from your previous station, or when you are assigned to a location for 20+ weeks. Since your move is mandated, the government will assist with your move and the associated costs.
You Have Options
Even though your move may be required, there are options you will have regarding packing and relocating your possessions:
- Household Goods Move (HHG) – A HHG move is government contracted, utilizing a Transportation Service Provider (TSP) to pack and transport your belongings.
- Personally Procured Move (PPM) – Generally thought of as a “Do-It-Yourself” move, where you are responsible for packing and transporting your items. Through a PPM, the government will pay you 100% of their cost to hire a moving company, allowing you to keep any remaining compensation not spent during the move. This makes using Go Mini's of San Antonio, TX a great option, because you could end up with extra cash in your pocket!
Go Mini's of San Antonio, TX Advantage
With a military move, timelines might be unclear, and there are several considerations you’re likely working through. That’s why we operate without time limits – once you’ve got your military moving containers, take all the time you need to load up. We’ll be there when you’re ready to relocate your container, on your schedule. No more hourly or daily fees, it’s our goal to make your experience as convenient and affordable as possible.
Choices of Storage
No more rushing to load up your moving container and speeding off to unload so you avoid paying fees. After you finish packing up, you have the option to store your moving container at your location as long as you’d like. Or, have our team pick it up and store it for you at our secure, climate-controlled facility in San Antonio. When you’re ready to relocate, we’ll take care of your container and get your possessions safely to your new destination.
Choose from three storage container sizes (12-, 16-, and 20-foot options) to suit your needs. Every unit is 8-feet in height. We are here to assist in determining the right size for your situation and provide this handy sizing calculator to help get you started.
Choosing the Right Container Size
- 12-Foot Container – Recommended for smaller homes or apartments with two or three rooms
- 16-Foot Container – Best for medium-sized homes with a few room’s worth of furniture
- 20-Foot Container – Perfect for large furniture and homes with five to seven rooms
Safe Containers for Your Valuables
- Elevated – Our portable storage containers are raised eight inches from the ground. This added measure not only makes loading and unloading easier on your back, but also avoids potential water damage.
- Ventilated – Proper ventilation measures and pressure-treated flooring are in place for all containers, keeping mold and mildew at bay.
- Padded – Equipped with padded wheels to protect your driveway and steel sides to protect your valuable possessions, our containers are built with convenience and safety in mind.
- Secured – Steel-welded frames and siding keep your valuables safe from the elements, and tie-down railings are mounted so you can easily secure items.
If your family is going through a military move in San Antonio, give us a call at (210) 405-9276. We’ve got your back!