28 Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Home
As the days grow longer and the air turns warmer, spring brings renewed energy to tackle those tasks that have been on your seasonal “to-do” list. What better way to start your spring off right than with a good deep clean of your home? If you're not sure where to begin or if you need some extra help finding all of those nooks and crannies that may need a bit more attention, then these 28 Spring Cleaning Tips are exactly what you need!
From quick tips for tackling clutter quickly to multi-step strategies for getting rid of tough dirt and grime throughout your house, we've got something for everyone looking to make their home shine this season. So grab your cleaning supplies and get ready – it's time for some serious spring sprucing!
Deep Clean Your Home's Interior
You live in and use your home every day, which means that dust, dirt, and clutter accumulate daily. Spring often leaves us feeling like we need a fresh start, and deep cleaning the house is one way to create a physical reset. Here are a few of the "must do" spring cleaning tasks to keep your home's interior in tip-top shape.
- Dust all surfaces, including ceiling fans, light fixtures, and blinds.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs.
- Sweep and mop hard floors.
- Deep clean bathrooms, including scrubbing tiles, grout, and toilets.
- Organize closets and donate or discard any items you no longer need.
- Wipe down kitchen cabinets and drawers inside and out.
- Clean appliances inside and out, including the refrigerator, oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Wash bedding, curtains, and throw pillows.
- Dust or vacuum lampshades.
Regroup and Reorganize
Decluttering and organizing your home is one of the most important tasks to tackle during spring cleaning. Not only does it help you make space for new items, but it also creates a sense of calm and order in your living environment. Taking the time to properly sort through your belongings and create efficient systems for storage can save you time and energy throughout the year. With these steps, you’ll have a more organized home that will make life easier every day!
- Sort through items and discard or donate any that you no longer need
- Create efficient systems for storage of items in each room
- Remove clutter to make space for new items
- Clean out closets, drawers, shelves, and cupboards
- Relocate furniture or accessories if needed to maximize space efficiency
- Assign specific homes for each item so you know where it goes when not in use
- Label containers and storage bins as needed
- Place frequently-used items within easy reach
- Purge unused paperwork from filing cabinets
- Create an area for incoming mail/paperwork
Boost Your Home's Curb Appeal this Spring
Spring is the perfect time to spruce up your home's exterior, and doing so can have a huge impact on both the look of your property and its curb appeal. From power washing siding and decks to freshening up landscaping, there are plenty of tasks that you can tackle this season to make sure your home looks its best. With these cleaning tips for exterior maintenance, you'll be able to transform your outdoor space into something that will leave all passersby in awe!
- Power wash the exterior of your home to remove dirt buildup.
- Clean gutters to prevent clogs from spring rain showers.
- Trim overgrown bushes and trees around your property.
- Rake leaves from the fall that may still be lingering on your lawn or in garden beds.
- Repair any damaged fences or gates around your property.
- Sweep off outdoor furniture cushions or replace them if they're worn out from last season's use.
- Scrub down outdoor grills before firing them up for summer barbecues.
- Check outdoor lighting fixtures to make sure they're working properly after winter weather conditions.
Spring cleaning can be a daunting task, but it's worth the effort to keep your home looking and feeling its best. Whether you're tackling deep interior cleanings or sprucing up curb appeal with outdoor maintenance projects, you'll want to make sure that you have plenty of storage options in place for all those items that need sorting or discarding. Go Mini’s portable storage containers are the perfect solution for spring cleaning projects or longer-term home projects. Our containers provide an easy way to store extra belongings, materials, and more. Don't let clutter get in the way of making your house shine this season – rent one today!